Video Title:

2019 Cloud Computing Facts: Statistics & Benefits

Video Category:

The Cloud

Video Description:

With over 63% of all workloads in the cloud, it's safe to say that cloud computing has made a substantial impact on the business world. Check out the top 12 Cloud Computing Facts, Statistics & Benefits for 2019 in this video.

Top 12 Cloud Computing Facts: Statistics & Benefits for 2019:

  1. Cloud usage grew 15% from last year, reaching an all-time high. (Skyhigh Networks)

  2. The worldwide public cloud services market is projected to grow 17.3% in 2019 to total $206.2 billion, up from $175.8 billion in 2018. (Gartner)

  3. By 2021, public cloud spending is forecast to reach $277 billion. (Fortinet)

  4. Over 93% of businesses reported having better data security after switching to the cloud. (Software Advisory Service)

  5. 83% of enterprise workloads will be in the cloud by 2020; 41% on public platforms, 20% on private, 22% on hybrid. (Forbes)

  6. Enterprise applications account for 70% of cloud services in use while cloud apps intended for consumers represent the other 30%. (Skyhigh Networks)

  7. On-prem workloads will shrink from 37% today to 27% of all workloads by 2020. (Forbes)

  8. 21% of files in the cloud contain sensitive data. (Skyhigh Networks)

  9. Software as a service (SaaS) remains the largest segment of the cloud market, with revenue expected to grow 17.8% to reach $85.1 billion in 2019. (Gartner)

  10. Organizations can save $3-5 million dollars per legacy application by inventorying, refactoring, and migrating existing apps when switching to the cloud. (Forbes)

             *this eliminates the need to rewrite each application

  11. 66% of IT professionals say security is their greatest concern in adopting an enterprise cloud computing strategy. (Forbes)

  12. 50% of IT professionals believe artificial intelligence and machine learning are playing a role in cloud computing adoption, growing to 67% by 2020. (Forbes)

<< iCorps Video Library

iCorps Video Library

HubBlox Hero Image

In-Depth Analysis

iCorps’ 360˚ Technology Assessment is an in-depth, hands-on examination of your IT environment that delivers a comprehensive view into your IT operations.

Detailed Deliverable

iCorps will provide you with a thorough, detailed deliverable, outlining recommendations, and solutions to meet the needs of your company’s specific environment.

Ready to Outsource Your IT?


Let our experts determine which Encompass outsourced support program is right for your business. For a comprehensive view of your network operations, we offer Technology, Security, Microsoft 365, and Cloud Readiness Assessments.

Request a Free Consultation